As soon as the days turn brighter and longer, your social calendar starts to fill up with all the outdoor activities that come with warmer weather. But before you head out for a summer adventure, make sure to give your hair some extra TLC! Wearing hats and exposing it to salt water or chlorine can play havoc on your locks. So, if you’re looking for tips on how to keep your mane healthy while still enjoying everything this season has to offer, then read on – we have just the advice you need to make maintaining the health of your hair as simple as a cross country relocation with the help of Black Tie Moving.
- Protect your hair from the sun: While a bit of sunshine is great for giving you that natural glow, too much exposure to UV rays can cause damage to your hair. To protect it from the sun’s harsh rays, make sure to wear a hat or use a leave-in conditioner with UV protection.
- Use the right products: Choose shampoos and conditioners that are made for your hair type. If you have color-treated hair, look for products that are specifically labeled “for colored hair” to prevent fading.
- Avoid heat damage: Heat styling tools can make your hair look great, but too much use will cause damage. To prevent this, use a heat protectant spray on your hair before using any hot tools.
- Stay hydrated: Keeping hydrated, healthy hair and fighting damage and breakage can’t be done with just external products; in fact, ensuring that you are drinking enough water and following a healthy diet is one of the best things to do for your hair (and your overall health). Summer is the perfect time to up your water intake. Drinking plenty of fluids will help keep your hair and skin hydrated, which is essential for healthy looking locks and preventing dryness or damage.
- Trim regularly: Regular trims help to keep your hair healthy by removing split ends that can cause damage.
By following these tips, you can keep your hair looking healthy and stylish all summer long! So go ahead, hit the beach or pool – with these tips in mind you’ll be sure to have a great time without sacrificing the health of your hair. Enjoy the summer and take care of your locks!